Georgina is located 30-45 minutes from major urban centres in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) with direct access to Highway 404, ideal for commuting and importing/exporting goods. Considered a gateway to northern Ontario, Georgina is uniquely positioned at the top of the GTA. It is also connected to the Trent Severn Waterway system via Lake Simcoe, which spans 52 kilometres of its southern shores.
Planned transportation infrastructure improvements
- Highway 400/404-Link, currently in construction, will significantly improve transportation access east and west for residents and businesses.
- Extension of the Highway 404 corridor from Woodbine Avenue to Highway 48 in Sutton. You can view the route in the Town's Official Plan.
Further to the planned transportation infrastructure, a 2.8 km causeway and bridge is proposed that will connect Georgina Island and mainland Georgina. The project consists of two permanent causeways stretching between 0.5 to 1 km on either end of a 1.5 km bridge. The Fixed Link Project will connect Black River Road to Chief Joseph Snake Road on Georgina Island.
Driving distance from Georgina
Driving distance from Georgina to:
- Toronto International Airport: approx. 60 minutes
- Newmarket: approx. 25 minutes
- Markham: approx. 40 minutes
- Toronto: approx. 60 minutes
- Orillia: approx. 60 minutes
- Barrie: approx. 60 minutes
- Brampton: approx. one hour, 10 minutes
- Peterborough: approx. one hour, 30 minutes
“Located just minutes from Highway 404, this location [Keswick] has easy access to the major transportation networks across the Greater Toronto Area. Together with the planned east-west transportation corridor situated just a few kilometres south of our new location in Georgina, Scott-Woods Transport will be well-positioned for future expansion and growth. In addition to the fantastic infrastructure the Georgina area provides, many of our employees already live in northern York Region, including Georgina, making this a great location for the next phase of our business and a place that we are excited to call our new home,” said Mark Alden, owner and President of Scott-Woods Transport Inc.
Connect with us. Fill out our general inquiry form and a staff member will follow up. You can also reach us by phone at 905-476-4301.