Georgina’s many employment opportunities
Georgina is York Region’s most northern municipality. With that comes numerous employment opportunities within a short commute within the Greater Toronto Area. There are also many businesses from many sectors within the Town that offer employment.
Business growth and the development of the 404 Logistics Park in Georgina mean significant job opportunities will be available for Georgina and the surrounding area’s growing population.
Own and operate a business in Georgina
Many businesses from all sectors have found success in Georgina. There are more than 720 brick-and-mortar businesses in Georgina, including more than 150 within the Town’s three Business Improvement Areas (BIAs). Their success is a result of a growing economy that takes pride in shopping locally and is supported by many skills training and business support resources. One of which is the Georgina Entrepreneurship Hub, which offers York University Yspace programming at no cost to entrepreneurs at every stage of their business growth.
Find a job in Georgina
For an up-to-date list of current jobs in and around the municipality, visit the Workforce Planning Board of York Region’s job board. It compiles postings from a number of online sites into one easy-to-navigate tool. For current opportunities at the Town of Georgina, visit our careers page.
Become job-ready in Georgina
To assist with your job search and become job-ready, there are a number of agencies close by that can help. Whether you need help with your resume, high school accreditation or skills development, support is available nearby.
- Job Skills provides employment, employer, business, and newcomer services and programs.
- The Learning Centre for Georgina offers a number of academic upgrading programs free of cost to Georgina’s residents.
- Georgina Trades Training Institute provides skills and certificates to find employment and/or move on to full apprenticeship programs.
Georgina has employment opportunities in a number of sectors and industries. York Region’s Employment Survey reported the municipality has more than 8,000 jobs and a short commute to another half-a-million jobs in the region. To learn more and to access resources, visit the Workforce Planning Board of York Region.
Despite the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, business growth and employment in Georgina continued to grow. According to the 2022 York Region Employment Survey results, the top growth sector between 2019 and 2022 was retail trade, followed by real estate and rental and leasing, and accommodation and food services. Learn more about Georgina’s labour market in our data centre.
Medium and large-sized employers in Georgina
- Walmart, 230 employees
- Riverglen Haven Nursing Home, 160 employees
- Zehrs Market, 140 employees
- McDonalds, 140 employees
- The Briars Resort Spa and Conference Centre, 131 employees
- Cedarvale Lodge, 130 employees
- Weller Tree Service Ltd., 116 employees
- Sobeys, 100 employees
- Canadian Tire Corporation, 80 employees
- Stock Transportation, 88 employees
- Brouwer Kesmac, 65 employees
- No Frills, 65 employees
- C.A. Sellers Cleaning Services, 51 employees
- Gincor Werx, 52 employees
- Buchner Manufacturing, 50 employees
View maps and indicators using the Business and Investment Assistant to learn more about the Town’s industries and sectors.