Why Choose Georgina
It’s an exciting time to do business in the Town of Georgina. It has some of the most affordable opportunities in Ontario’s fastest-growing economy and one of the largest ICI (industrial, commercial and institutional) business park developments within 30-45 minutes from urban centres in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
Choosing where to invest is one of the most important “to-dos” when starting or expanding a business. Here is why Georgina is an up-and-coming location to do business and invest:
- Some of the most affordable real estate and living costs in York Region and the GTA.
- One of the largest business park developments within a one-hour drive from major urban centres in the GTA.
- Incentive programs: The Town offers investment incentives and a Business Concierge Program that includes municipal staff support and expedited applications.
- A growing population: Georgina’s economy is growing. It is projected to see a 40 per cent population increase over the next two decades.
- Skilled and educated workforce: A large percentage of educated and skilled workers reside within one hour of the municipality.
- Georgina offers an appealing, balanced rural and urban lifestyle on the shores of Lake Simcoe.
The Town is poised for growth over the next decade. Keswick is the area with the most forecasted population growth and development, which includes 500+ acres of employment land on the east side of Woodbine Avenue at the terminus of the Highway 404 extension. Jackson’s Point and Sutton are expected to experience a moderate degree of growth.
As we grow, Georgina is building the infrastructure to ensure it can meet the needs of our businesses and residents now and into the future. More than $34 million in Town-led infrastructure projects were underway in 2022. To learn about current and past infrastructure projects, visit georgina.ca/BuildingGeorgina.