Grants and financial support
If you have questions about opening a business, expanding, training or support programs available through the Town of Georgina or other levels of government, connect with us. We are here to help businesses start up and grow.
Development Application Fee Rebate Program
The Development Application Fee Rebate Program is to encourage development and redevelopment in all sectors. Rebates can be up to 50 per cent of the application fee to a maximum of $15,000 for a single application. For multiple applications, rebates can be up to 75 per cent to a maximum of $50,000 per property. Learn more about the program.
Community Improvement Plan Program for downtown businesses
The Community Improvement Plan (CIP) grants are intended to improve the downtowns and business improvement areas that have been identified as opportunities for revitalization. There are four grants that business owners and commercial property owners within the designated CIP boundaries can apply for facade, heritage, landscape and accessibility.
You could receive up to $5,000 (facade, accessibility or heritage) or 50 per cent of the cost of the improvement, whichever is less. Applications are reviewed by the Economic Development Committee.
*Note that applications must be submitted and approved before any work begins. Also, you can apply for multiple applications for a project. Learn more about the program and submit your application online.
Economic, Culture and Community Betterment Program
The Economic, Culture and Community Betterment Program supports events, programs and initiatives that serve to promote the Town to markets outside Georgina, generate economic opportunities for the local business community and provide for the betterment of the community. Applicants could receive up to 50 per cent of their total eligible expenses, up to a maximum of $5,000. The grant program has three streams:
- Community Betterment Grant: This grant provides assistance to efforts being undertaken to build capacity within a community or neighbourhood.
- Community Culture Grant: This grant will provide funds for the events/programs or public art installations intended to celebrate the culture of Georgina.
- Economic Development Grant: This grant provides assistance to organizations that are able to demonstrate that their program/event will have a direct economic impact on the surrounding business community.
Applications are reviewed by the Economic Development Committee three times annually and are recommended to be submitted 120 days prior to the event date. Learn more about the program and submit your application online.
Digital Main Street Programs
As part of a partnership between the Government of Canada and the Province of Ontario, Digital Main Street is proud to deliver programs to support businesses throughout Ontario. Current program opportunities:
- ShopHERE: a program that provides independent small businesses and artists with a quick, easy and no-cost way to get selling online right away.
- The Digital Transformation Grant provides brick-and-mortar businesses with $2,500 towards adoption of digital technologies. The money can be used for several things, such as digital advertising, social media platforms, digital marketing, software and more.
The Town works closely with other levels of government and organizations that may have additional support available. Review our list of resources or connect with us for advice.
Support for investors
To ensure business owners and investors are assisted to the greatest extent possible with the planning and development process, a Business Concierge Program was established. It ensures Town staff support investors from the initial meeting through the development application process. Learn more about eligibility and how the program can assist your next venture.
Discover the tools and resources you’ll need to make your business thrive in Georgina:
- Discover how your business can leverage the unique advantages Georgina has to offer.
- Explore our community.
- Learn about future growth and economic statistics.
- Find available properties and land for sale in Georgina.
- Read our blog on the advantages of doing business in a downtown BIA
- Learn about Georgina’s employment lands.